Breakfast After the Bell Legislation Continues to Move Forward
More good news out of the Massachusetts Legislature: an Act Regarding Breakfast After the Bell has been assigned to the Senate Committee on Ways and Means as S.2441.
This significant step in the legislative process means we are closer to providing access to school breakfast to more than 150,000 children in need across the Commonwealth. Thank you to our bill sponsors, Senator Sal DiDomenico and Representative Aaron Vega.
What’s next? Take Action:
- Contact the Senate Ways & Means Committee Members: Ask them to support bill S.2441, an Act Regarding Breakfast After the Bell. Members are listed here.
- Join the Movement: Sign-up on the Rise and Shine Massachusetts email list here. Or sign your organization onto the coalition here.
- Contact Your State Legislators: Ask for their support of this bill. Find your legislator here.
- Share on Facebook and Twitter: #BreakfastAfterTheBell and tag @GR8BosFoodBank.
- Learn More: Visit the Learn page on our website.
If you have any further questions or would like to submit written testimony in support of the legislation, please contact Catherine Drennan, senior manager of public affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-598-5067.